October 29, 2015

Complete! Philippians Angel Commission


PHILIPPIANS ANGEL - 22x28" Mixed Media Commissioned

I am excited to announce that I have completed my 'Philippians Angel' for a client.  She has many verses of the Bible from the book of Philippians.  I enjoyed working on this painting because there are so many verses that I strive to live by with the main one being "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

There are a kajillion mixed media layers to this piece, with verses over/under layers of paint.  When the right brain kicks in, the world is ignored while I work in a creative frenzy getting her done.  So much fun!

Here were all the stages:
Step One:  Rough blocking in -
Step Two: Working on face and color palette - 
 Step Three:  Working on mixed media layers -
 Step Four:  Detail of wing with background
 Step Five:  Detail of face
Now on to the other commissions that need to be finished before Christmas!  Woohoo!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails